Finding the right balance between several factors is important for many things in life.
Search engine optimization is no different. If you want to get high rankings on Google, Bing or other major search engines, than you have to find the right balance between on-site factors and off-site factors.
Both influence the position of your website in the search results. Which factors are more important and what exactly should you do to improve the position of your site?
What is the definition of these factors?
1. On-site optimization refers to the factors that you can control on your web site:
- The text on your web page.
- The number of web pages on your website.
- The number of keywords and related keywords on your web pages.
- The links on your web pages to other pages of your site.
- The links on your web pages to other websites.
- The structure of your website.
- The robots.txt of your site.
- The HTML code of your web pages.
2. Off-site optimization refers to the ranking factors that are usually out of your control. The most important off-site factor are the links to your web site:
- The number of backlinks that point to your website.
- The quality of the backlinks that point to your website.
- How often your website is bookmarked on social bookmark sites.
- How often your website is mentioned on services such as Twitter.
Search engines determine the position of your website in the search results based on the on-site and the off-site factors of your website.
What is more important for your website?
Some webmasters invest most of their time in on-site optimization. Others swear that links from other websites are the only way to get high rankings on Google.
Depending on the keywords for which you optimize your website, you can achieve good results with both methods.
You will get the best possible results for your website, if you combine both factors:
You need both factors to get good results
If you optimize the on-site factors of your website than you make it as easy as possible for search engine spiders to parse your web pages.
The content of your web pages should contain the right elements and the right keywords in the right places so that search engines know what your website is about.
Links from other websites that contain your target keywords show search engines that other people also find your website relevant to a certain topic. If other people mention your website on social bookmark services then search engines know that real people like your website.
Analyze the on-site and the off-site factors of your web pages
If you want to get high rankings for a certain keyword, analyze the web page for which you want to get high rankings with the MHS Top 10 Optimizer.
The optimizer will tell you how to correct the on-site elements of your web page and how to change the links so that your website gets top 10 rankings on Google and other search engines for any chosen keyword.