Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Here’s what Facebook says about ads and targeting on Portal
Nov 8, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
As Facebook starts shipping Portal devices, it trying to allay privacy concerns.
- Step up your email personalization game
Nov 8, 2018 by Kyle Henderick
To give your email marketing program a competitive edge, leverage timing, location and behavior to provide relevancy for customers.
- Report: As Facebook portal goes on sale, smart speaker growth is slowing
Nov 8, 2018 by Greg Sterling
There are now 53 million smart speaker devices in U.S. households according to an analyst firm’s estimate.
- Another survey shows brand trust affects purchase decisions
Nov 7, 2018 by Barry Levine
The online survey is yet another indicator that consumer trust of brands affects the bottom line.
- Foursquare can now measure TV ads’ impact on offline store visits
Nov 7, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The company can also measure multiple channels and their effect on real-world consumer behavior.
- Walking the CX talk
Nov 7, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
Whether you’re assessing your own company’s status or considering how a potential employer is doing, follow these tips to determine whether a business is really dedicated to being customer-centric.
- Snapchat integrates with Comscore to measure Discover channel traffic
Nov 7, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The third-party measurement firm will show publishers’ reach on Discover.