Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Cision buys Falcon.io, adding social management features to its earned media stack
Jan 3, 2019 by Barry Levine
The company can now offer a full social media listening and management suite, along with its PR tools.
- Facebook adds new reporting for Click-to-WhatsApp ads
Jan 3, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Ad campaign objectives now include traffic, conversions (for website), and post engagement.
- Retail in 2019: Store evolution, tech adoption and what it will take to win
Jan 3, 2019 by Greg Sterling
Three retail experts weigh in on the the future of the store.
- CDP sector grew 23%, saw first major acquisitions in second half of 2018
Jan 2, 2019 by Barry Levine
The CDP Institute’s semi-annual study also says that more startups are launching as CDPs, instead of converting from something else.
Search News From Around The Web:
- A Look Back At Seo In 2018 & Predictions for 2019, RankRanger
- Amazon Alexa Skill Counts Rise Rapidly in the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Japan, Canada, and Australia, Voicebot
- Get Started With Google’s Custom Intent Audiences for Display & YouTube, Metric Theory
- Google Feed Rules Offer Value, but Can’t Replace Enterprise Options, Merkle
- Google Showing Zero Results For Record A Video Result, Search Engine Roundtable
- Judge dismisses suits against Facebook, Google, Twitter in San Bernardino shooting, NBC News