Have you finished your website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? That’s a trick question! SEO is an ongoing process.
Learn from our Maine Search Engine Optimization Experts
- The big search engines, including Google, Yahoo and Bing are constantly changing the complex formulas they use to determine where your site falls in search results.
- Did you know that you need to submit your website to the Major Search Engines? If not, start with that at these links:
- When you do so, it tells you that you only need to do it once. That’s actually not true. It’s not a bad idea to do it every two weeks. It lets these search engines know that you are an active marketer seeking recognition in their results. Every two weeks has been determined the sweet spot of resubmission.
- You know that fresh, updated content will attract more visitors to your site, and make those visits more satisfying. Google knows that too, and that’s why content that changes more often will help your SEO. Google actually visits your site in a pattern. It visits when you first submit, and then 30 days later. If it detects a change happened in those 30 days, it comes back 2 weeks later. If it sees change then, it’s back in a week, and then daily. The more changes you make to your site, the more attention you get from Google.
Tricky, Tricky Google
- So we know that Google likes relevant, active websites and ranks them highest. But Google is constantly changing the algorithms they use to calculate search results. Of course, they don’t announce these changes. That would be too easy! People make careers out of figuring this all out. At Maine Hosting, we follow industry blogs and stay on top of the current formulas, so our SEO clients are guaranteed top 10 results. (Really.)