When the iPhone and Android both used Google Maps it was easy to link to the phones internal map app, you just needed to use the Google Maps link you found at Google. With iPhone using its own internal mapping system, and Droids using Google Maps we now need to link to both. Here are some easy methods of linking to a devices map app.
<a href=”geo:49.293106,-123.132544″ target=”_blank”>Click here for map</a>
- This method works with:
- Apple iOS
- Windows Mobile
- Blackberry 6 OS
This would be a perfect solution if this link would work in desktop browsers as well. Common!
You can link directly to individual map apps such as:
For Android, link like this:
If Apple, link like this:
Finding the Latitude and Longitude of a location:
- Visit https://www.google.com/maps
- Search for a location
- Click the “Link Icon”
- You will be provided a long link such as:
- Click here to view link in your browser’s address field
- The lat and long wis typically listed right after the address in the url.
- IE: 49.293106,-123.132544
So there you have it. An easy way to link to a device’s internal map app.