Here are some Interesting Social Media Statistics for Businesses that we found at SocialMediaToday.com. These stats are compelling to business who are leveraging their social media presence to increase revenues.
- 77 percent of B2C companies and 43 percent of B2B companies acquired customers from Facebook.
- 80 percent of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook.
- 25 percent of users on Facebook don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
- 56 percent of customer tweets to companies are being ignored.
- 34 percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
- Twitter is projected to make a total of $540 million in advertising revenue by 2014.
- Users on Instagram spend 257 minutes using the app, as opposed to the 169.9 minutes spent on Twitter in August 2012.
- 40 percent of brands have adopted Instagram for marketing.
- Of the top brands, 20 percent surveyed had 10,000 or more followers.
- Over 80 percent of pins are repins.
- Pinterest referrals spend 70 percent more money than visitors referred from non-social channels.
- Out of 17 million brand engagements, 15 percent occurred on the brand’s boards and 85 percent occurred elsewhere on Pinterest.
- Google+ pages appear in search results for 30 percent of brand term searches for brands with G+ pages, up from 5 percent in February 2012.
- Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button.
- Only 8 percent of Americans 12+ have a Google+ profile page.